The District Executive team did not ALL fit in this video, but our core team, Program Quality Director Shawn Gold, Club Growth Director Joe Guenette, Finance Manager Vivien Ip, Administration Manager Sharon Marshall, and me, your District Director Carol Carter, wish ALL our members and leaders HAPPINESS, laughter, learning and lasting friendships for 2018.
See a cleaner, brighter, sharable version of this on our Toastmasters District 21 Facebook Group (the “Group”, not the “Page”).
January is when I went to my very first Toastmasters meeting in 2010. From that day on I made a commitment to my growth and development that I will never regret. I am eternally grateful for all the gifts Toastmasters has provided.
Do you remember what brought you through the doors of your first meeting? What were your first impressions of that club? What made you join Toastmasters? What keeps you coming back? Who do you know, who might be looking for what you came for? Reach out and pay forward all you’ve received from Toastmasters. You never know how you might change a life … or five … in the process.
What’s new in January?
In January our focus turns back to building our club and making it a rewarding, enjoyable experience for all our members.
- Has your team created a PR Campaign yet? I am anxiously waiting to award those Emerald gems. To help you along, We’re issuing a PR Campaign Challenge just in time for Toastmasters Month! Start working up a PR Campaign to run in February. More info to come at the Club Officer Training events this month!
- The Rising Tide Challenge is on! Increase your membership by 10% above your July 1st starting base by the April 1st renewal date and your team WINS! We’re putting together a wee care package that includes an After Party at the Spring Conference! More on the prize to come. Aim to reach or exceed that goal! It’s WIN for everyone if you do!
- Have you done a Moments of Truth yet? See Program Quality Director Shawn Gold’s article (see link in eNewsletter) on the three things you can do to build even more quality into your club experience, for yourself, your existing members, and your future members who have not yet found you!
- Have you given your club a “Tag Line” yet? (click “Tag Line” to see article). We are creating Area Promotion cards to be used at community events and a special Membership Building event we have planned in February. Please forward your team’s Tag Line to your Area or Division Director to submit ASAP!
Hopefully you also make a renewed commitment to your own growth and development. What do you want to achive this year? How can Toastmasters provide skills and experience to help you achieve greater results in your life?
- Mike Robinson, DTM, PDG, our District 21 Leadership Chair might have an opportunity for you! See his page linked from the latest eNewsletter, or click HERE for details.
- Looking for a High Performance Leadership Project? Visit our Opportunities section regularly, or contact me (Carol Carter) by replying to the eNewsletter email to find out what’s possible beyond your club.
- Pathways Guides are starting to visit their clubs! Learn more about what’s in store from Shawn Gold’s article. Not ready to move to Pathways? No worries! You will have until at least June 2020 to continue using the current program. More on this at the upcoming Club Officer Training events, or from your Pathways Guide.
Club Officer Training is coming to your geographic region! Visit our EVENTS page to find an “ACT” event near you (Accredited Club Training), or ask you Area or Division Director when and where your Club Officers can get their training.
We know you are creating brilliant meetings and events for your members. PLEASE share what you are up to! Write an article for our website, post photos on our Facebook Group, tell us what you’ve tried, what works, and how much fun you had doing it! We need your inspiring ideas!!!
Help make 2018 our happiest year yet!
Your District 21 Director