Win a Full Registration to the International Convention in Vancouver in 2017!!
The Toastmasters International Convention is coming to Vancouver from August 23 to 26, 2017, at the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre. This is an event not to be missed!!
What are we offering?
D21 is offering its members the opportunity of winning a full registration (ALL 4 DAYS) to this outstanding event – value is $800 (CAD)!! There is a total of TEN registrations available to dedicated, committed D21 members.
How can YOU win a registration?
Our theme in D21 in 2016-2017 is “Building our Membership Together for Success.” To win a registration you will need to actively and consistently support this mission until May 31, 2017, by doing as many of these as possible:
- Attend at least one of Peter Kossawan’s sessions in October on club building.
- Be actively involved in chartering at least one club in D21 in 2016-2017 as a sponsor or a mentor.
- Be actively involved in demonstration meetings for new clubs.
- Approach at least 5 corporate entities to encourage them to consider starting a TM club (this must be coordinated with Michael Bown)
- Be actively involved in membership building events at Farmer’s Markets, Malls etc. (coordinate through Michael Bown).
- Be actively involved in Open Houses at your own and other clubs.
- Attend at least one of Ted Corcoran’s Membership Building or COT Sessions in January, 2017.
- Demonstrate on a consistent basis a drive to build membership in D21 in various different ways.
- Serve as a Club Coach leading the club to a base +5 by May 31.
- Serve as Club President leading your club to a base +5 by May 31.
Who is registered to win:
- All club presidents with a net +5 on May 31, 2017 (+5 over base on July 1)
- Club Coaches appointed by December 31, 2016 with net +5 May 31, 2017
- Anyone who registered for the incentive in October 2016 with additional recognition for registering as an early bird.
- Any other member who registers by December 15th by emailing Michael Bown.
- Area Directors who have a new club in their area and division directors with 2 new clubs in the division.
- Contest starts on October 1, 2016 and runs to May 31, 2017.
- Winners will ONLY receive a full registration for the 2017 International Convention. There will be NO cash equivalents.
- There will be at least 2 winners from each of the 3 geographic regions in D21 (Vancouver Island, Lower Mainland, Interior). The other 4 winners will be based on the success of their efforts.
- Contest is open to all D21 members except the D21 Trio and 4 Managers. Division and Area Directors may participate.
- Contestants need to keep their own log of their activities. Submit to Michael Bown by May 31 so he is aware the work you have done.
- The D21 Trio and four managers will be the Selection Committee. The 10 winners will be selected based on the amount and variety of activities they have completed as well as the success of their efforts.
- The 10 Winners will be announced on June 7, 2017.
This is a win-win situation for all involved.
- Contestants will win by helping to bring new members into our wonderful organization and …a chance to win a FREE registration for the International Convention in August, 2017!
- Clubs will win because they will see new members join their clubs providing new energy to the club.
- All D21 members will win as it will see new clubs become part of D21 and provide
- ALL of us the chance to be on the stage at the Convention as a Distinguished District!
- Toastmasters International will win because it will have 10 additional registrants for the 2017 Convention.