By now your club has hopefully had some little care package arrive through your Area Director with a Treasure Chest, a Map, and a letter about both the Passport Program and the Treasure Hunt Adventure. You might have even received a few little cards with “bling” attached.
This program is designed by Club Retention Chair, Jeff Galenzoski, to help your members, both new and not-so-new, have a year of exceptional personal growth, and a lot of fun along the way. Celebrating each member’s contribution to the success of the team is one way to spark more enthusiasm for doing all those little things that make a big difference to your member experience.
Here’s how it works:
- The Map – is your guide to where the “treasure” is. Explore the map! Go through it as a team. Display it at your meetings. Beside “Our Ship Be Named” write your club name and Tag Line. As you receive treasure, mark up the map with who brought in what! By June, this map should be marked up, starred, scribbled on with notes of encouragement, random art, and lots and lots of names!
- The Treasure Chest – is where you place the “bling” part of the rewards your team receives each month from the District. Have fun celebrating the bling! You could do Table Topics speeches by your contributors each month as they deposit their treasure in the team chest. DECORATE your team’s chest in unique ways! Make it a reflection of what your club is all about and the people you serve. At some point, we’ll be asking for Treasure Chest photos … more to come!
- The Treasure – Most is automatically rewarded by our District team as we watch the amazing things you continue to do – education awards, new members, new member sponsors, DTM’s, District Training events and Above and Beyond Service “bling” will be delivered to your club after the close of each month. There are a few exceptions we need help with:
- Someone on your team chairs a Membership Building Campaign – please forward their name and a blurb about the campaign (any materials the team produced, a link to the facebook or webpage, a flyer, a handout your members were working from) ASAP to Club Retention Chair and Mastermind of this project, Jeff Galenzoski.
- Your team launches a PR Campaign – please forward a summary of the PR Campaign and any supporting evidence (social media, newspaper, flyer, etc) to District Director, Carol Carter
- Have fun with this! Share the adventure! We’re looking for stories, facebook posts and other feedback on how you are using the Treasure Hunt Adventure to help your entire team succeed this year. A rising tide floats all boats. We’d also love to see a little friendly club rivalry going on (get creative!).
More questions? Contact Jeff or myself any time through the “Connect With Us” page.
Wishing you and your team Grand Adventures and much fun ahead!
Your 2017 – 2018 District Director, Carol Carter