Meet your 2017-2018 Club Growth Director: Joe Guenette
As your clubs work to end this Toastmasters year on a high note, our incoming district team is working behind the scenes to start the new Toastmasters year in tune and with a full orchestra!
Please join me in welcoming our District 21 Club Growth Director-Elect for 2017-2018, Joe Guenette DTM (x2)!
Joe is a dispatcher for his family’s towing company. He has seen many people struggle in the world and has set his sights on helping as many individuals as possible achieve their goals. This is why he finally joined Toastmasters (not to mention the fact he was being nagged every week from his Mother-in-law).
Joe joined Cowichan Toastmasters Club 950 in Duncan B.C. on October 1, 2009. Always a strong supporter of the Distinguished Club Program, he has a big heart around helping low member clubs grow, and helping individual members discover what’s possible for themselves.
Joe has been busy this past year working for all the Clubs in District 21 as the Club Coach Coordinator. He has learned much from this position, as well as his work with his own clubs, area and division. Joe brings that great education forward into his new position as Club Growth Director 2017-18.
Joe’s Communication Track
- 6 Competent Communicators, 3 Advanced Communicator Bronze, 3 Advanced Communicator Silver
- 2 Advanced Communicator Gold (1 speech left for #3)
Joe’s Leadership Track
- 13 Competent Leader, 6 Advanced Leader Bronze, 2 Advanced Leader Silver,
- 2 Distinguished Toastmaster, 3 Leadership Excellence
Service to his Clubs and District
- VP Education x 9, President’s Distinguished Club 9 years, President x2, President Distinguished
- VP Membership x 2
- Past Area Governor / Director X 2, Distinguished and Select Distinguished
- Past President Distinguished Division Governor
- Immediate Past Area Director of the Year
We are still looking for a few “note”able team members:
Administration Manager (receives the District credit toward ALS)
- Will get to know more about the inner workings of Toastmasters International! Must love “Administrivia” and be willing to put aside any other major roles in their clubs. This is a great opportunity to grow in many ways and can lead to future leadership opportunities in the District Trio.
Club Extension Chair (reports to Joe Guenette, CGD)
- Must be technologically savvy, detail oriented, and be interested in helping people over the phone, as well as learning what it takes to lead and support a team. Will get to know amazing “go getters” throughout the District!
Club Retention Chair (reports to Joe Guenette, CGD)
- Must be a great listener with solid communication skills and be interested in helping people over the phone, as well as in learning what it takes to lead and support a team. Will get to know, help and equip members throughout the District. Will make many new friends!
Club New Source Research Chair (reports to Joe Guenette, CGD)
- Must enjoy research, collaborating, strategizing and connecting. This is a great position for anyone wanting to improve their sales skills, which is all about helping people make the right decisions for their future. This position will grow your ability to see possibilities others may miss.
A full list of these incoming Officers and Assistants will be made available on July 1st, at the beginning of our new Toastmasters year.
your Toastmasters District 21 Director-Elect,