District 21 Fall Conference Update
Counting down…only 41 days left until our Final Fall Conference. Register today!
Pathways to the Future – November 10, 11 and 12 in Victoria
Special $149 conference room rate ends October 10th
Ocean Pointe Resort’s dramatically reduced room rate for the conference (Nov 10 & 11), can extend for up to 3 days afterward! Come to the conference and stay awhile for the same price! But book now, before it’s too late!
(Oh, and don’t forget to register online! Now $199 or $1432 for a Table of 8:
You will be inspired… (and also entertained and fed)
by TWO extraordinary keynote speakers:
Deepak Menon, 1st Vice President of Toastmasters International.
In his keynote, “Life lessons learnt in the cradle of Toastmasters,” Deepak offers a personal glimpse of the valuable lessons he has learned from Toastmasters that no school or university can teach.
Dananjaya Hettiarachchi, the 2014 World Champion of Public Speaking. You will love him. Check out his winning speech. (youtube link)
Desperately seeking Volunteers…
If you have registered for the conference, please consider helping out. Alas, we cannot cover registration or hotel costs. But volunteers are the heartbeat of our conferences and are truly appreciated!
Please connect with Volunteer Chair Ekaterina if you’d like to sign up to assist in the following positions:
- registration desk
- education sessions
- jog/walk guides
- entertainment (Friday or Saturday)
Huge thanks to the attendees who have already offered their time and energy!
District 21’s Got Talent…and we’re searching for it!
Hey Toastmasters! There is a never-seen-before opportunity at this Fall Conference that you never knew was missing from your life.
- Do you want to perform on the District stage?
- Can you give an entertaining speech, act, sing, play a musical instrument, perform, mime, do magic, juggle, recite poetry or have some intriguing “other” talent?
- Have you watched a reality show and said, “I can do that”?
Great! You qualify to audition for the inaugural “District 21’s Got Talent” Friday night extravaganza—a reality-show-style talent competition that is open to all Toastmasters.
We are searching for performers of all types, especially those that have not been seen on a Toastmasters stage. A panel of judges, acting in true reality-show fashion, will give their opinions and crown a winner.
Tryouts and auditions will be starting in early October and we’ll be setting dates and times over the next short while. If you are interested, have questions or want to ensure that you have a chance to audition contact: Noel Bentley firstname.lastname@example.org or Marcus Ray email@example.com
Take your public speaking to the next level
Conference-goers want to learn something new and what a choice you’ll have at the fall conference. Here’s a sneak peek:
- Improve your “Improv techniques for better speaking, leadership and storytelling” with Derrick Johnso Laughter & learning are guaranteed.
- Jennifer Mlazgar shares her plan of action to become a Distinguished Club and remain one, because “Every Toastmaster deserves to be in a distinguished Club.”
- “The Secret Language of Leadership” will be demystified, as Natella Isazada explains the ancient art of rhetoric and how it can help you become a more persuasive communicator.
- Sabahat Naureen is a on a mission to help individuals become the CEOs of their lives, in her hands-on workshop “The 4 A’s of Leadership.”
- By learning the secrets to “Creating New Toastmasters Clubs,” Gene Vickers will show how to start at least one new club in every Area this year.
- Vic Lindal exemplifies the practice of lifelong learning as he helps us address “What Will the New Online World Mean to You and Toastmasters?”
Not one, but two lively speech contests
Be in the audience to cheer on your area’s leading contenders at the finals for the year’s most entertaining public speaking contests of the year! Humourous Speech & Table Topics finals are the true highlights of the conference!
- Raffle Tickets – only $1 – you could a two-night island getaway at the beautiful Ocean Pointe Resort on Victoria’s inner harbour. See your area director for tickets.
- You could also win a beautiful wooden lectern for your club—custom-made from Marcus Ray—just for registering!
Keep checking the D21 group Facebook page and www.d21fallconference.ca for new details on education, entertainment and the weekend agenda!
This is the FINAL fall district conference – let’s savour it in style!
Lots of Laughter. Lots of Learning. Awesome keynote speakers. Beautiful Location.
Come Explore your Pathways to the Future!
November 10, 11 and 12 in Victoria, B.C.