This month’s focus is on teamwork. You’ve sent your club dues in to Toastmasters International (THANK YOU!!! 141 clubs are in good standing and another 7 are working hard to get there), you’ve created your Club Success Plan, you’ve had your club Humorous and Table Topics Speech Contests, maybe twisted a few arms of potential contestants to enter, and are now cheering them on at Area or Division contest levels. September has been busy and October will fly by before you know it.
Below this video are a few quick pieces to help you and your team make the most of these Autumn days in Toastmasters:
- The Treasure Hunt Adventure – for your team to celebrate each and every contribution and achievement of your members, that help your club succeed. Maps and Treasure Chests are headed your way through your Area Director. Booty is being earned by you right now and will show up after the end of each month … in surprising ways and places! Stay tuned!
- The Passport Program – for you to explore other clubs, go to other contests, participate, take on roles outside your regular club and jot down ideas, share what makes other clubs unique and come up with suggestions your club, other clubs, and our District teams can use to make future member experiences even better! A rising tide floats ALL boats!
- Create a “Tag Line” for Your Club – Read the linked article for two key questions to ask your team members, then scheme together on what Unique Learning Opportunity your club provides for your Ideal Future Member. Put together a catchy “Tag Line” and send to PR Manager Ashwani Kumar Sinha before October 31st! Not only will this help your club reach out to the right potential new fellow learners, your tag line will be added to a special advertising card we are creating for each Area to share at farmers’ markets, job fairs, libraries, and membership building opportunities in your community. Also, one lucky club will win a special prize at our Fall Conference!
- The FINAL Fall Conference – 6 ed sessions to choose from, 2 amazing keynote speakers, a special Remembrance Day observerance, the roll out of the District Success Plan at the Business Meeting, helpful tools to grow YOU and to grow YOUR CLUB, The Humorous Speech and Table Topics Speech Finals, hillarious entertainment, Huggy Dougie, friends, food, and a beautiful escape to our Province’s capital city. Hurry and book your hotel room. The special hotel price of $149 (normally over $200/night) ends October 10th!
- Earn a swanky Toastmasters Jacket! – Denis Lessard is our first jacket recipient! Once the dashboard switches to October, you will see our very first new club of the year – BCLC Kamloops!! Denis brought us the lead. This new team of fellow learners chartered before February 28th 2018. Denis gets a jacket! Bring us a lead. We’ll help get the wheels in motion to make it a reality, so you too can sport one of these comfy, stylish numbers! You’ll also enjoy the excitement and experience of creating a new club together with a new club creation team.
- Become an Approved Club Officer Training Trainer – Give back to all District 21 teams in rewarding ways. We’re looking for existing and new potential trainers to equip, sharpen, and make our Toastmasters Club Officer Training even better.
Enjoy these Autumn learning opportunities. Celebrate your fellow learners. Explore our District. Have fun as your team pulls ideas and opportunities together, creating a grand adventure for all your members this Toastmasters year.
Warm wishes as the weather cools down,
Your District 21 Director 2017-2018