Membership has its priviledges! As a member of Toastmasters, you are part of a large family of clubs around the world. Other than “closed” clubs (special organizations with requirements to belong) you are welcome to attend ANY of them. Have you explored your own backyard? How much of District 21 have you visited? How many new friends, valuable connections and brilliant ideas for your own club, are still waiting for you to discover?
Your District 21 Passport has a set of adventures waiting for you:
- Visit clubs and jot down ideas you’d like to try in your own club
- Visit Specialty and Advanced Clubs. Think of what type of member they could attract.
- Attend (extra point for helping out) a club contest in another club, your Area or your Division. Note new ways to enhance your own club contests.
- Attend a Toastmasters event – Workshop, Club Officer Training, Judge’s Training, Train-the-Trainer, Speaker-to-Trainer, and more. Would your club like to host a training event? Contact Program Quality Director Shawn Gold to find out how.
- Participate in a Speechcraft or a Youth Leadership Project
- Participate in a Demo Meeting for a potential new club
- Attend a District 21 Conference
The more Passport Pages you complete, the more points your passport is worth! Whether you’ve completed one adventure or all of them, make sure your Passport is handed in by you or someone else at the Spring Conference in Kelowna April 20 – 22. Pick up a SPECIAL GIFT if you deliver your passport in person at the Conference!
Besides the adventures and ah-ha’s, your SPECIAL GIFT, and all your new connections, there are prizes for the most points! Winners will be announced in our June 2018 e-Newsletter.
- 3rd Prize: a fun and functional Toastmasters Selfie-Stick
- 2nd Prize: a stylish and comfortable Toastmasters Core Jacket
- 1st Prize: … to be announced … but it’s BIG!
Your Passport should have been given to your club by your Area Director. If your club needs more Passports, please contact Carol Carter, your District Director.
Carry your Passport with you at all times! Share ideas you’ve jotted in its pages. Collect proof of your “travels” and make this year a Grand Adventure for you and all you meet along the way!
Warm wishes through these chilly winter months!
Your 2017 – 2018 Distict Director