Our founder, Dr. Ralph C. Smedley, shared that mentoring was one of the two keys to the success of the Toastmasters program. Thank you to all who came out in snowy, treacherous conditions to participate in “The Power of Mentoring” events in your corner of the District. While this was meant to be an event you could invite your career focused connections to, it turned out to be great learning for our own Toastmasters as well!
When you hear the word “Mentoring”, what thoughts cross your mind?
- How strong are your mentoring skills?
- How well do you feel YOU are being mentored?
- Did you know that it’s the mentee, NOT the mentor, that drives the mentoring relationship?
Jim’s slides have been sent to all participants directly. If you would like a copy, please connect with me (click on my image at bottom of article).
We also promised a follow up video on being a mentor plus other pieces to help you in your mentor-mentee relationship. Whether you are a mentor, a mentee or both, here are some helpful tips, plus a downloadable handout (CLICK HERE to download) to set up or continue your mentoring relationships in a way that sets both up for the greatest success.
Thanks again, Jim Mclaughin! Your words of wsdom will continue to change lives for many years to come!
Also, Jim made a very special offer starting March 6th. It will allow you to:
- Create a clear vision of where you want to go (then you can reach out for the mentoring you need)
- Tap into three sources of power that often go overlooked and could be sabotaging your success
As this is not a Toastmasters offer but one Jim is making on his own, feel free to contact Jim directly for details (please see his contact information in the video).
Your 2017 – 2018 District 21 Director