Submit your application (see below) to deliver a 45-minute Educational Presentation! But first, scroll down to read information about the purpose of the conference educational program, the educational proposal guidelines.
The purpose of the conference educational program is to support the mission of our District and Clubs.
We build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence.
We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
Topics should cover the many aspects of communication and leadership (e.g., speaking, listening, evaluation, leadership).
Or presenters might focus on improving and strengthening clubs (Distinguished Club Program, membership growth, outstanding club performance, public relations, etc.).
Educational proposal guidelines:
- Only Toastmasters members in good standing of a club in good standing are eligible to submit conference educational proposals.
- Competitors in the International Speech and/or Evaluation Contests are not eligible to be a conference presenter.
- Presentations must fall into one of the following education tracks: Communication, Leadership or Successful Club.
- A maximum of one 45-minute proposal per applicant will be accepted for consideration. Proposals from previous conferences are welcome.
- Proposals must be submitted in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF. Audio/visual content or links (YouTube) are welcomed.
- A 100-word (or fewer) “presenters bio” and a recent headshot picture must be included for promotional purposes (conference website, email blasts, conference program, etc.).
- Presenters must prepare and provide their own visual aids and handouts and provide their own laptop.
- If your proposal is selected, a moderator will be provided to introduce your presentation and assist as needed.
- The deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM Tuesday February 28th. Please submit your proposal as soon as possible to allow time for the Education Committee to give your proposal the attention it deserves. Submit to Chris Kozakowski, Education Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal selection will be completed and applicants notified by March /11th, 2017.
**Presenters will not be compensated financially and conference fees will not be waived.
**If no acknowledgement is received within 5 days of transmission it is your responsibility as the presenter to contact the Spring Conference Education Chair.
Educational Presentation Application
Education Tract: ___Communication ___Leadership ___Successful Clubs
Proposal Title: _______________________
Name: _______________________ Phone:_______________________
Email: _______________________ Website:_______________________
Club name and number:_______________________
Years in Toastmasters:_______________________
Speaking experience as a Toastmaster:_______________________
Other speaking experience:_______________________
Speakers Bio (100 words or less):_______________________
Session outline (include interactive activities):_______________________
Audio Visual or other needs: